Advanced Awareness Counseling
Time of service fee per session:
Please ask about seeing one of our associates counselors or graduate interns for a reduced self-pay rate:
$50.00 Graduate Intern
- Accepted Payment Methods: Venmo, Paypal, Square, American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, Mastercard, Visa
- Accepts payments made by Ward/Bishop
We currently accept the following insurances (along with their subsidiaries):
- University of Utah Health Plans
- Regence/Blue Cross Blue Shield
- EMI Health
- TRICARE West
- United Health Care
- Optum Behavioral Health Solutions
- CuraLinc EAP
- Health Advocate Solutions EAP
- Cigna EAP
- Optum EAP
- Aetna EAP
- At this time we cannot guarantee coverage for medicaid benefits; please consult you plan for details if this service is covered at our facility.
(EAPs require pre-certification; please request this from your insurance prior to scheduling)
VERIFICATION OF BENEFITS - Our practice manager and insurance specialist will ask for your information in order to verify the following on your behalf a.) that you have mental health benefits b.) whether your benefit coverage is subject to meeting a deductible, c.) how many mental health visits you are permitted, d.) if pre-authorization is required prior to attending therapy.
OUT OF NETWORK - We currently cannot accept out of network insurance plans as definitive payment unless prior authorization has been specifically obtained by the client from the insurance company and an authorization code can be provided.
PAYMENTS - You will pay the therapist directly at time of service or you may have your payment information saved on file. All co-pays, coinsurances, negotiated rates, or self-pay fees are due at time of service. We do not send invoices unless under special or unforeseen circumstances.
Rates and scheduling options vary per service:
- All payments are due at time of service - this includes all co-pays, co-insurances, self-pay fees, insurance negotiated rates (if subject to the deductible), and written reports. Please be advised that an Explanation of Benefits or Remittance Advice from your insurance company is NOT a bill from Advanced Awareness Counseling.
- All written reports such as assessments, special requests, letters, petitions, or recommendations are billed separately from sessions and at a standard time of service fee of $160.00/hour. This is necessary to compensate the therapist for their time. This paperwork must be paid for at time of completion, as we cannot bill insurance companies for written assessments, recommendations, petitions, letters, etc. If it does not take a full hour to complete the requested paperwork, or if it takes more time, you will be billed accordingly.
Cancellation and Late Policy:
We appreciate prompt arrival for appointments. Please notify your counselor directly regarding missed or late cancellation appointments or please contact the office main line at (385) 455-3768.
We require that you provide at least 24 hours prior notice of cancellation. Cancellations made later than 24 hours prior to your appointment will be subject to a $50.00 late cancellation fee.
Your timely notification of a cancellation allows us to accommodate others. Your first missed or late cancel session will be charged via credit card information on file (see consent form).